What I miss from home…ease and comfort taken for granted…
- a double bed
- lots of fresh veggies and fruit and alternate proteins
- smoke-free buildings
- ice-free roads and sidewalks
- lengthy, hot showers
- friends and family
What I appreciate about here…using whopping generalizations that I hope may be true…
- they actually like Americans
- and speak some English
- and revere professors
- and don’t stay glued to televisions, computers, and cell phones
- and pay attention when they drive
- and do more with less and seem to appreciate what they have
And…I really love seeing friends here walking arm-in-arm and children playing outside with each other.
The picture of me was taken yesterday at a local coffeehouse by my new hall mate and fellow Fulbright-er, Rich Raymond.